Monitoring supported formats
A direct link to your stream is required for monitoring.
Providing a link to a page with a player embedded within it will not allow StreamTest.net to monitor your streams.
The Streaming URLs add to the monitoring service need to be the same URLs that would be used inside your streaming player.
These streaming links should be same / similar to the examples provided below.
The StreamTest Monitoring supports the following formats:
- RTMP (rtmp://server1.yourhost.net/channel/stream)
- HTTP HLS  (http://server1.yourhost.net/channel/stream/playlist.m3u8) (See below for CDN specific examples)
- crossdomain.xml access is not required for monitoring.
Partially supported formats:
- Progressive download H.264 / H.265
- Progressive download VP9
CDN specific examples:
- Akamai (http://account.akamaihd.net/i/stream@77777/master.m3u8)
- Amazon CloudFront (http://idhere.cloudfront.net/XXXXX_PLY.m3u8)
- NetroMedia (http://num.obj.netromedia.net/channel/stream/playlist.m3u8)
- Microsoft SmoothStreaming (http://server1.yourhost.net/live/myStream/Manifest)
- Adobe HDS (http://server1.yourhost.net/channel/stream/manifest.f4m)
- MPEG-DASH (http://server1.yourhost.net/channel/stream/manifest.mpd)
Additional troubleshooting information:
- Keeping your links as short and simple as possible is ideal as there may be some cases where the streaming URL may be truncated and cause an incomplete test result, if you encounter an issue using one of our supported formats please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
- Links using secure tokens may have a time limit within which they will remain valid, please ensure your token will be valid long enough for the test to begin.
- For maximum troubleshooting please ensure that your stream allows access via FFmpeg, VLC Media Player, OSMF and Flowplayer.
- Please contact us and include the link you are attempting to test at email@example.com
- RTSP (rtsp://server1.yourhost.net/channel/stream)
- Shoutcast (http://server1.yourhost.net:8000/listen.pls)
- IceCast (http://server1.yourhost.net:8000/streamname)